1 safe after apartment catches fire

A resident is safe after their apartment caught fire near I-17 and Cactus on Wednesday morning.

Phoenix firefighters say the fire appears to have started in the living room.

One person was inside the apartment, but was able to get out safe.

According to firefighters, the smoke detector went off, but eventually melted off the wall because it was so hot.

Firefighters got the flames out before they spread to other units.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories