Eight people displaced by early-morning fire

Eight people will have to find a new place to stay after a fire badly damaged their home early Saturday morning.

Phoenix Fire crews say they responded to a home near 57th Lane and Dobbins and found an active fire at the house.  Eight people were inside the home when the flames broke out, but smoke detectors alerted them to the danger and they quickly evacuated.  The children in the family displaced by this fire range in age from 4 to 17 years old.

A spokesperson for Phoenix Fire says the flames started in the kitchen and moved up into the attic.  Firefighters say the fire started when one of the children in the home left some unattended food cooking on the stove.  Crews got the fire under control, and there were no injuries to firefighters or any family members.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories