A 9-year-old girl lost her life after being trapped in a burning house in Phoenix. The fire spread so fast that fire investigators believe the family's Christmas tree may have sparked or fueled the fire.
A memorial for the little girl began growing outside of the home where Victoria Aguilar was fatally injured.
Neighbors took pictures, standing helplessly outside as firefighters tried to rescue a family of seven trapped inside a fast moving house fire on Monday."She was screaming, I'm burning, my daughter is burning, I'm burning," said Mario Escobedo.
Escobedo said his neighbor ran over to their house. Her 4-year-old son was in her arms, he had second degree burns on his body, her 9-year-old daughter Victoria was still trapped inside.
"She was yelling she was crying, she was shocked, I was shocked too," he said.
Little Victoria died from her injuries. "She was a very happy and loving girl who always expressed her love for others," said Zully Lopez.
Investigators say the fire started in the same area as the family's Christmas tree. They're not sure what started the fire but they believe the tree definitely fueled the flames. Victoria's mom and her two brothers are still in the hospital.
Zully Lopez is the family's pastor, she says Victoria's mom still doesn't know her little girl didn't survive.
"It is so hard, as a mom I have two kids too, it's going to be very, very hard for her," said Lopez.
Pastor Lopez is setting up an account to help the family. Their home and everything inside burned in the fire.
If you would like to help the family you can help by donating here:https://maricopahealthfoundation.org/aguilarfamily
Firefighters say if you still have a natural Christmas tree in your house you should get rid of it because it can be a fire hazard.