Two kids fall sick from high CO levels after mother leaves car running all night

-
A San Tan Valley family, including two young children, is recovering in the hospital following a carbon-monoxide poisoning Saturday morning.
 
Mark Clark with the Pinal County Sheriff’s Department tells us that the mother of the two children came home around midnight and parked in the garage, but she forgot to shut off her car engine. 
 
The children’s uncle, who lives in the home, discovered the car running this morning. 
 
He turned off the car and went to check on the two children, ages 8-years-old and 4-years-old. 
 
He then opened some windows and left for work. 
 
Around 5:00 a.m., the woman woke up and noticed that the children were suffering from side effects of carbon-monoxide poisoning. 
 
She then called 9-1-1 and paramedics responded and transported all three of them to the hospital. 
 
Clark says that the mother and the children are in stable condition. There was a 79-year-old woman also living in the home, but she refused treatment and stayed at the scene.
 
Right now, deputies are investigating the incident. 
 
Fox 10 News will continue to follow this story closely. We will bring you the latest updates as new information becomes available.   
Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories