Homeowner, cat treated for smoke inhalation at Mesa fire

- Mesa fire crews say a homeowner was hospitalized after sparking a fire on the roof using a blow torch.

A cat was also treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Fire crews responded to a single-family home on Sunday evening near Broadway and Hawes. Firefighters found flames in the attic and the back of the home. Crews attacked the fire and were quickly able to bring the flames under control.

Firefighters say the homeowner was working on the roof with a blow torch. They say the homeowner suffered mild smoke inhalation and was taken to a nearby hospital for evaluation.

Crews also found a cat inside the home and treated the animal for smoke inhalation using oxygen tanks and equipment in their Fido bags.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories