PHOENIX (KSAZ) - An explosion at a Parker, Arizona fireworks celebration sent visitors into chaos. The fireworks show was being put on by the Colorado River Indian Tribe's Fire Department Monday evening. Shortly after shouts of joy turned into shouts of fear and panic.
Several people captured the explosion and chaos that followed. The footage reminds people that putting on a fireworks show carries an element of risk.
"But when you get to these small shows its a little more dangerous as any rural fire department knows that putting on these shows you are very, very close to them when they go off," said Jonathan Moore.
Tribal member Jonathan Moore took this video of the accident and said the entire community is in shock and hoping for the best for the firefighter who suffered burns.
"Just keep him in your thoughts, not only him but the numerous volunteer fire departments throughout the United States that put on these small shows for small communities... keep them in your prayers," said Moore.
The burned firefighter is recovering at the Maricopa Integrated health systems burn unit in Phoenix and is expected to survive.