GLENDALE, Ariz. - Glendale Police are warning parents and families of a predator who was lurking around a school.
Officials say on December 8th around 8:40 a.m., a 12-year-old girl was on her way to school when she noticed a man following her. At one point, she said the man grabbed her by her backpack.
She wasn't harmed and was able to get away.
For now, GPD is increasing their presence in the area before and after school.
Police say incidents like this highlight the importance of parents maintaining open lines of communication with their children to ensure they're comfortable sharing information.
- Do not talk to strangers if approached
- Do not accept rides from strangers
- If approached by a stranger, run away immediately, and tell a trusted adult or call 911
- Always walk or ride in groups
- Always pay attention to your surroundings
If you have any information about this case, call GPD at 623-930-3000.