PHOENIX - Phoenix Fire crews say five units were damaged at a multi-plex fire that left eight people without a place to live.
Flames swept through the multi-unit complex near 21st Place and Thunderbird just after 9am on Saturday.
Fire captain Mike Billingsley with Phoenix Fire says the flames quickly swept through the attic, causing a hole to burn through the roof. He says the air conditioning unit that was on top fell through the roof when the entire roof collapsed. Investigators are looking into what sparked the blaze.
Some of the units also suffered smoke and water damage. There were no injuries reported, but the cat belonging to one of the displaced families has gone missing.
The Red Cross is helping the displaced families with temporary shelter.