TEMPE, Ariz. (KSAZ) - Dozens of residents were forced out of their homes following an explosion at an apartment complex on Monday night.
Tempe police tell Fox 10 that the explosion happened at about 7:30 p.m., near the Loop 101 and Southern. The large explosion occurred after someone was using butane to extract hash oil in a second-floor apartment.
Officers & #TempeFire investigating explosion at 2333 E. Southern, result of somebody attempting 2 extract hash oil w/butane. No injuries.— Tempe Police (@TempePolice) December 15, 2015
No one was hurt, but two apartments suffered significant structural damage. An engineer was brought to the scene to ensure the building was structurally sound and safe for residents to return.
It is unclear if any arrests have been made.