GOODYEAR, Ariz. (KSAZ) - Fire officials evacuated over a dozen homes in a Goodyear neighborhood due to a gas leak on Monday.
The leak happened in a neighborhood near Litchfield Road and Van Buren Street.
Several valley fire departments were on the scene, along with crews from Southwest Gas.
Authorities say the leak was coming from a two inch gas main and as a precaution, they evacuated 30 to 40 people.
Goodyear gas leak contained, but crews had to turn off valve that supplies gas to 140 homes. No heat tnight. #fox10phoenix— Jessica Flores (@FloresFOX10) December 22, 2015