PHOENIX (KSAZ) - Fire crews rushed a man to the hospital with serious burn injuries after a shed fire broke out in west Phoenix.
A spokesperson for Phoenix Fire Department, Capt. Ardell Diaz, says firefighters were responding to a shed fire near 33rd Avenue and Glendale. When they arrived, the flames were no longer active, but they found a man outside the shed who was suffering from serious burns across his body.
Diaze says the victim was conscious and alert, and he was rushed to the hospital to be treated for his burn injuries. Investigators are expected to be on-scene to look into what sparked the flames.