Child taken to hospital after Phoenix house fire

- A child was taken to the hospital as a precaution after a house fire broke out east of downtown Phoenix.

Fire crews responded to the fire at about 7am.  Two women and a 9-year-old child were inside the home where the home filled with thick smoke.  Everyone got out safely, but the child was taken to the hospital as a precaution. 

The people inside were able to save their pet dog, but their two cats perished in the fire.

There were no working smoke alarms inside the home, according to fire officials.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories