AVONDALE, Ariz. (KSAZ) - Two senior citizens were seriously hurt in a first alarm fire at a mobile home in Avondale on Saturday morning.
Fire investigators believe an uncapped gas line triggered an explosion at the mobile home near Lower Buckeye and Litchfield Road.
The fire broke out at about 8:30 a.m., and crews quickly responded to battle the fire. Flames quickly spread to a second unit, as crews worked to control the flames.
Two senior citizens suffered serious burn injuries and had to be rushed to the hospital.
Avondale Fire crews are saying the fire is suspicious.
The fire was extinguished by about 9:30 a.m. Both trailers were destroyed.