Fire that severely burned father, daughter believed to be caused by gasoline

- New details surrounding the fire that severely burned two people in North Phoenix Saturday have been released.

Fire officials say some kind of explosion burned the pair when gasoline was poured on an open fire. According to earlier reports, an eight-year-old girl suffered severe burns to her torso and legs. Meanwhile, her father, who is in his mid-40s, suffered severe burns to his wrists and legs. Both were taken to the county hospital burn center.

Meanwhile, neighbors say the family was nice and friendly.

"I heard about it, and the whole neighborhood is concerned about them," said Margie Aardahl. "They're really good people. Friendly. Kids always walking the dog. The daughter walks the dog. They're always outside, playing with dogs."

According to fire officials. The father may have been using gasoline to ignite a bonfire.

"When it comes to fire pits and fire, it's just unsafe," said Aardahl. "Really unsafe to have fire pits around kids. Very sad. I hope they're doing well." 


GoFundMe account for gas-caused fire victims
https://www.gofundme.com/6rcdh-medical-expenses-for-isabella

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories