PHOENIX (FOX 10) -- Harkins will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo moon landing with a series of movie showings beginning on Friday.
In a statement released Monday morning, officials with the movie theater chain announced they will show a series of 5 movies from July 12 to Thursday, July 18 as a part of Harkins Space Week. The movies shown include Apollo 11, Apollo 13, First Man, Gravity, and Interstellar.
According to NASA, Apollo 11 landed on the moon on March July 20, 1969.
In the Valley, the movies can be seen in six Harkins theaters, including:
- Arrowhead Fountains at 83rd Avenue and Mariners Way
- Chandler Fashion at Loop 101 and Chandler Boulevard
- Estrellas Falls at the I-10 and Pebble Creek Parkway
- Santan Village at Loop 202 and Williams Field Road
- Scottsdale 101 at Loop 101 and Scottsdale Road
- Tempe Marketplace at Loop 101 and Loop 202
Tickets can be bought separately for $5 each. In addition, an all-access pass is available for $20.
Harkins Space Week