SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (KSAZ) - Scottsdale fire officials said late Monday night that homes had to be evacuated, after a car ran into a home and caused a gas leak.
According to a brief statement by Scottsdale police, the incident happened on the 16000 block of N. 111th Way. According to Scottsdale fire, its firefighters, along with Phoenix firefighters, responded to reports of a car that went into a home.
The car, according to Scottsdale fire officials, struck a gas meter located on the home's exterior, and caused a gas leak. Homes north and south of the scene were evacuated, as crews secured the leak.
No injuries were reported.