Man accused of posting online threat against South Pointe High School

- Phoenix police arrested a man who they say posted a threat against South Pointe High School.

Several parents contacted the FOX 10 News Desk, stating they saw a post on Facebook where someone said "If you go to South Pointe... I feel bad for y'all.. I'm finna shoot that school up."

The person who made the threat went on to say "Guns are locked and loaded ready for action."

All Phoenix police will say at this time is that the person responsible for the post was arrested and that he's an adult. Officials identified him as 20-year-old Christopher Mendez.

Mendez was arrested around 1:30 a.m. on Monday.

According to court paperwork, police received more than 1,000 phone calls from people who saw the post.

Mendez told police he had been assaulted by some students at the school and made the post to get back at them.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories