More than 100 firefighters worked tirelessly to put out massive flames that erupted at a construction site in Gilbert Saturday.
The fire started just after 6:00 p.m. near Gilbert Road and Warner Road at the site of an apartment complex that was being built.
By 9:00 p.m., the flames had flattened all of the structures on the construction site.
An evacuation notice was issued around 8:00 p.m. for homes from Civic Center Drive to Nunneley to Devon. A shelter has set up at 75 E Civic Center Drive for people needing water, a place to stay for the night and information about the fire.
Fire officials tell us one firefighter suffered burn injuries to his hands and three police officers had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
More than 40 fire trucks and 120 firefighters were called to the scene to fight the blaze.
At this time, the fire continues to smolder, but officials tell us the fire has stopped spreading.
No word yet on when residents will be allowed back in their homes.