GLENDALE, Ariz. - Glendale firefighters say two women suffered injuries when their home went up in flames in Glendale on Sunday.
Crews responded to a home near 54th Avenue and Olive and found flames shooting out of the house, causing a lot of heavy smoke.
Two women, a mother and daughter, were at home when the first-alarm fire broke out. The mother suffered a broken arm trying to escape from the burning home, while the daughter suffered some burn injuries. Both women are expected to survive their injuries.
A spokesperson for Glendale Fire says the home is a total loss. Investigators are now looking into what sparked this first-alarm fire.