PHOENIX (FOX 10) -- Phoenix Fire officials say the parents of two children have been arrested, after their kids were exposed to narcotics.
According to a statement released by Cpt. Kenny Overton with Phoenix Fire, firefighters responded to a report of a possible narcotic overdose/exposure/ingestion at an area near 34th Street and Yale. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they evaluated two children, ages five and seven. The parents were arrested by Phoenix Police for allegedly using narcotics in a parked car with the children present.
As for the children, they were taken to a local hospital as a precautionary measure. Phoenix Police will be investigating the incident.