PHOENIX (FOX 10) - A Phoenix family is asking for the help from the community after their home goes up in flames just three days before Christmas.
The fire broke out near McDowell Road and North 32nd Street early Saturday morning.
Tabitha Hill and her family were sleeping when the fire started. Hill says, her sick 3-year-old nephew was on the couch in the living room and began coughing. She asked her boyfriend, Cody, to check on the little boy.
“I heard him barely cough and I asked Cody to see and check on him and I just heard him scream, ‘the house is on fire.’”
Hill jumped out of bed, unable to see because of the smoke in her home. Screaming for her nephew who was just 2 feet from where the fire began. Once she finds him - she attempts to go out the front door. “I grab him, open the front door and the flames just hit me in the face.”
The family rushes through the heavy smoke and exits through the back door.
The entire family, including the two small children, 3 and 4, and unborn child made it out safely but their home in completely ruined.
Hill says she had just put presents underneath the Christmas tree hours before the fire broke out.
The boyfriend did go back inside to grab the family dog but made it out safely.
If you would like to help out the family, click here to donate to their GoFundMe page.