Valley family endures medical emergency and fire

- It's been a tough week for a Valley paramedic and his family, not only did they endure a medical emergency last week. Days later everything they owned went up in flames.

We've all had bad weeks, but this valley family will remember this past week as possible the worst week of their lives.

Mark Blackburn a Southwest Ambulance paramedics says the week started with his wife Teresa having a heart attack. She was released from the hospital on Wednesday then while Mark was helping her recover he had to undergo emergency oral surgery. Then when things couldn't get any worse, while the family was napping from a hectic and stressful week, they awoke to the smell of smoke.

"The outside of our house was on fire, and it ended up burning all the way through burning the whole house down, the only thing we made it out with was one of our dogs," said Mark Blackburn.

Sadly all the families belongings were burned in the fire; they also lost three of their beloved pets including a kitten, a ferret, and a dog.

The family has set up a if you would like to help you can donate here:

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories