PHOENIX (KSAZ) - Valley hospitals are now restricting visitors who are showing signs of being sick.
Banner Health is taking steps to protect patients and staff at all of its hospitals.
Effective today, the following restrictions are now in effect at Banner Health Medical Centers:
- Do not visit the hospital if you have a fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea.
- No visitors under the age of 13.
- Siblings, who do not have cold and flu symptoms, may visit a new baby on the Obstetrics unit or Pediatric unit. Your child may be screened for illness by staff before being allowed to visit.
- Children 12 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times in public waiting areas and cafeterias.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands frequently while at the hospital.
Banner Health encourages everyone over the age of six months to receive the flu vaccine to protect themselves and others from influenza.
You can visit Banner Urgent Care to get the vaccine. The vaccine is free under most insurance plans.
Banner Urgent Care centers are open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., and you can reserve your spot online at bannerhealth.com.