Gilbert garage fire turns deadly

- Fire officials in Gilbert say a the body of a person  was found at a garage fire Friday.

Officials say the fire happened on the 3000 block of E. Wyatt Way. Prior to firefighter's arrival, Gilbert Police officers rescued a dog from inside the home. In a tweet sent by the Gilbert Fire Rescue's verified Twitter account, fire officials say the fire did not extend into the home.

"The garage was blown out, and fuel was running down the driveway on fire," said Gilbert Fire Captain Mile Palamiter. 

Janet LaGravinese, who lives nearby, heard the fire trucks and rushed outside to see what's going on.

" I saw the three firemen in front of the garage and it started to collapse from the melting," said LaGravinese. "It was really strong, an they poked it, and the fire just came out. I was just paralyzed."


Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories