FD: 6 students taken to hospital after ingesting unknown substance

Six students at a Phoenix elementary school were taken to the hospital after ingesting an unknown substance on Friday.

Phoenix Police and Fire Departments arrived to Vista Peak Elementary School near 15th Avenue and Union Hills after the students reportedly ingested an unknown substance.

Principal Brian Fineberg said the school called emergency crews as a precaution, and that safety is a top priority. Officials say they did not want to take any chances.

Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Mark Vanacore says the six kids were stable, awake and talking. They will be taken to a hospital for further evaluation.

None of the students were ill, but tests will be run at the hospital to identify the substance.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories