Hazmat investigation: Man dies from possible chemical exposure

Detectives are trying to figure out what killed a man who was living in an apartment near 23rd Avenue and Indian School Road.

According to the Phoenix Fire Department, on March 29, crews transported him to a hospital after he displayed signs of an "altered level of consciousness." 

Days later, he died, possibly from exposure to chemicals.

"Medical examiners notice today [Friday] that patient's skin had unusual sloughing and discoloration in different areas of the body.  With this raising concern, examination was stopped until an investigation of the mans apartment was conducted by hazmat units," stated PFD's public information officer.

The man's roommate was contacted and sent to an area hospital to be checked out. 

Now they're working to determine if there is anything inside the apartment that could be making people sick.

The Phoenix Police Department is currently investigation this case.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories