Overnight house fire displaces family of 8

An overnight house fire has put a family of eight out of their home.

The blaze happened near Dobbins and 59th Avenue. Firefighters were called out around 2:00 a.m., and they arrived to find the house engulfed in flames. The family was able to get out safely thanks to their smoke detectors.

"The kids are safe you know, that's the main thing," said Alaina McLittle, who lived in the home at the time of the fire. "We are trying to get stuff together. The red cross is here."

"[We're] just glad that everybody is ok," said McLittle. "You can always replace the house, but you can't replace lives."

The fire caused extensive damage to the kitchen and the attic. Investigators believe the fire was started by food left cooking unattended on the stove.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories