A number of people rallied on Wednesday. You could see them holding signs, stating support our school, save our school, it's time to rebuild and save our education.
They're protesting the governor's plan for a five percent reduction in non-classroom funding in order to try and balance the budget.
The Superintendents are at a conference out of state.
"He says it's non-classroom spending, but we're at the point now budget cuts over the last several years.. anything we cut is going to affect the classes. You're talking transportation, custodial staff, health and safety issues and it is going to filter into the classroom, said a mother of three children.
Last week, more than 230 superintendents sent a letter to lawmakers saying for the last six years, classes have been shortchanged.
Those who support education reform say the governor's plan is a step in the right direction.
"The numbers speak for themselves. As a percentage there is less money going into the classrooms and our kids deserve better," said Sean Noble.
some superintendents we reached out to are in San Diego for a three-day conference; something supporters of Ducey's plan say that could have been video conferenced.
"Stop gong to conferences... You can use the phone, use online learning, you can have discussions and have these by video conference," said Noble.
The protest was originally planned to run until 6:00 p.m., but the event organizers say because of so much interest online, they are expecting it to run until 7:00 p.m.
The state faces a $1.5 billion shortfall in the next year and a half.