Woman finds worm, burrowed in her pickle

A valley woman made a pretty disgusting discovery while eating a pickle on Monday.

After she had bitten into the pickle, she found a worm, that had burrowed inside.

Bria Gray grabbed a Vlasic Pickle from the refrigerator for an afternoon snack but quickly knew something was off.

"After a couple of bites I tasted something funny, it was chewy and I spit it out. It was colored differently," said Bria Gray.

When she looked closely at the pickle, she immediately felt sick to her stomach.

"I looked down, and that's when I seen the worm and the tunnel, and oh my gosh," she said.

That's right, there was a worm burrowing in the middle of the pickle.

"At first I was so shocked, I did not know how to react... my sister was taking a nap next to me, I immediately told her and put down the pickle, and I screamed and ran to the restroom," said Gray.

"We wanted to know if there was one worm in there. So we sliced the pickle in half, and there was just that one big worm in there. And we just liked grossed out, it was disgusting," said Sherry Lonetree.

"After we examined it, the top of it's head, she just barely missed eating that worm," said Lonetree.

"Oh my gosh, it was just so gross, I was so sick that evening and night," said Gray.

Will she ever eat pickles again? "No, never," she replied.

In the e-mail to Bria, the parent company of Vlasic said fruits and vegetables are subject to all the trials of nature, including insects. They go to great lengths to make sure they don't end up in their products. But as in Bria's case it is not always foolproof.
Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories