FD: Child suffers burns while playing with stove - FOX 10 News | fox10phoenix.com

FD: Child suffers burns while playing with stove

Posted: Updated:
PEORIA, Ariz. -

A child suffered burns in a kitchen while his mother slept at their home near 83rd Avenue and Bell Road Tuesday morning.

According to Peoria firefighters, the 6-year-old boy was able to climb up on the stove and turned a burner on after playing with the knobs.

He burned his foot while stepping on the burner.  Officials say the child suffered minor burns and he placed his foot under water in the sink.

His mother took him to an area hospital.

No names have been released in this case.

Powered by WorldNow

511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices