Between work, kids' extracurricular activities and school events, it can be hard to find time to plan good, healthy meals.
Baby planner Stephanie Antoinette comes to FOX 10 to demonstrate how to make three meals in just 30 minutes.
Mama's Moa (Hawaiian Chicken) -My 90 second meal!
4 frozen chicken breasts
Can of Pineapple chunks
Jar of Archer Farms (target brand) Hawaiin style BBQ Sauce.
-Throw all into crock pot and heat on high for 2-3 hours or low 6-7 hours! Serve over rice, preferred would be brown rice!
1 pound of ground beef (I use ground turkey because it is lower in fat)
1 large onion, chopped
2 15 ounce cans of chili beans in chili gravy
1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chillies, undrained
1 11 1/2 ounce can of hot style vegetable juice
Optional toppings- Sliced green onions, low-fat sour cream, shredded cheese.
1. Cook ground turkey and onion in large skillet until brown, drain off any fat.
2. In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine ground turkey mixture, beans, undrained tomatoes, green chilies and tomato juice.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4-6 hours or on a high heat for 2-3 hours
Mom's Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchilada's
· 3 cups chopped cooked chicken- I use a store bought rotissure chicken and shred it.
· 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese (any cheese you prefer is fine)
· 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
· 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
o 8 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas $
o Vegetable cooking spray
o 1 (8-oz.) bottle taco sauce
o 1 (8-oz.) container low- fat sour cream $
o Toppings: chopped tomatoes, chopped avocado, sliced green onions, sliced black olives, coarsely chopped fresh cilantro $
o 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll tortillas up.
o 2. Place rolled tortillas, seam sides down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Lightly coat tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
o 3. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
o 4. Stir together taco sauce and 8-oz. container sour cream. Spoon over hot enchiladas, and sprinkle with desired toppings.
o To Make Ahead: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover with aluminum foil, and chill overnight, or freeze up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Proceed with recipe as directed in Steps 3 and 4.