Tax day is here. Everything you need to know is on the http://www.irs.gov/ web site.
If you haven't done your taxes yet and need to file an extension, you'll need to get your hands on FORM 4868.
Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File US ...
www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf ... record. You can get IRS forms by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829- 3676). You can also download forms at IRS.gov.
If you cannot pay what you owe you may be able to work out a deal. Call 1-800-829-1040.
Play the video in the player to get more information about extensions and modifications as Murray Feldman interviews Luis Garcia from the IRS.
Need a post office?
Use the link below to browse a full list of post offices location throughout metro Detroit, including those with extended Tax Day hours.
Also, several local businesses are giving out Tax Day freebies and deals.
- At Arby's, get a free curly fry or potato cakes by printing out a coupon here
- At Cinnabon, get two free Cinnabon bites per customer
- At Chili's, get a free appetizer or dessert with purchase of an entree (print coupon here)
- At Boston Market, get two-for-one on its new rib dinners
- At Bruegger's Bagels, get $3.50 off its big box of 13 bagels.