NJ hotel evacuated due to high carbon monoxide levels - FOX 10 News | fox10phoenix.com

NJ hotel evacuated due to high carbon monoxide levels

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

A malfunctioning pool heater vent created high levels of carbon monoxide inside a hotel in New Jersey.

One person was taken to a local hospital.

The high CO incident occurred early Friday morning at the Holiday Inn on Paterson Plank Road in Carlstadt.

The patient complained of a severe headache before being taken to the hospital, said Carlstadt fire officials.

As many as 200 people were reportedly evacuated from the hotel.

It is not clear where they were taken.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that if ingested could lead to serious illness, even death.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 3:06 PM EDT2014-09-02 19:06:51 GMT
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

  • $1M Powerball ticket sold in NJ set to expire

    $1M Powerball ticket sold in NJ set to expire

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:23 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:23:45 GMT
    State lottery officials say a Powerball ticket worth $1 million that was sold at a northern New Jersey convenience store last year will soon expire.
    State lottery officials say a Powerball ticket worth $1 million that was sold at a northern New Jersey convenience store last year will soon expire.
  • Princeton worker told to choose medical pot or job

    Princeton worker told to choose medical pot or job

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:19 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:19:48 GMT
    A Princeton University employee says he has been told to choose between medical marijuana and his job.
    A Princeton University employee says he has been told to choose between medical marijuana and his job.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices