Student helps extinguish flames on classmate - FOX 10 News | fox10phoenix.com

Student helps extinguish flames on classmate

Posted: Updated:
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. -

A student who helped extinguish a classmate who caught on fire is speaking about the event.

The accident happened when a science experiment at Douglasville High School went horribly wrong.

A girl standing nearby caught fire, so Will Wheeler and a teacher jumped in to help.

"I remember hearing a bang, turning and looking and seeing her hit the ground on fire," Wheeler said.  "I froze up for a little bit and then I just ran into the room to get the fire blanket and then I threw it on her and that's really all I remember."

The female student was transported to the hospital with burns covering approximately 25 percent of her upper body. Doctors expect her to make a full recovery.

Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices