Before you snap that holiday family picture, remember this photo is going to be memorialized for a lifetime.
Make sure that the photos show your personality and most importantly the fun and love that's surrounding your family this time of year.
Professional photographer Alice Park shares these simple ways to transform everyday items into precious memories:
The holidays are the perfect time to add these special touches to the home. Here are some fun and easy ways to add meaningful memories to your everyday items, transforming a simple space into something that is personalized and beautiful for everyone to enjoy!
• How To Personalize Your Space This Holiday Season
Christmas Card Display
-A DIY large chalkboard (approximately 60" x 36") with twine stringing horizontally from one side to the other with Christmas cards hanging from it
-We all receive beautiful Christmas cards during this time of the year. Displaying them on the mantel is a great way to create a focus center piece showcasing everyone you love!
Custom Gift Wrap
-Wrapping gifts in custom wrapping paper is a wonderful way to distinguish your gift from the outside-in!
Personalized Baked Goods
- For those who are crafty in the kitchen, there are fun ways to personalize packaging for cookies and bread
Framed Christmas photos for display
- A classic, yet simple way to personalize your space
Personalized wine bottles and coasters to bring to a holiday party
- These make great hostess gifts
Stockings with personalized stocking stuffers
-Personalized children's memory game
-Brag book full of photos
- Personalized puzzle for the kids
• Holiday Portrait Tips: While everyone is gathered for the holidays, carve out some time to capture a beautiful family portrait!
Remember the "Golden Hour" for flattering light
-This starts about 45 minutes before the sun sets.
-Think about posing
- Use a remote trigger and tripod, if possible
- If all else fails, hire a professional photographer