Man charged with fatal 2013 Little Village shooting - FOX 10 News | fox10phoenix.com

Man charged with fatal 2013 Little Village shooting

Posted: Updated:
(Chicago Police) (Chicago Police)
CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

A Chicago man has been charged in connection with a fatal shooting last year that left a 21-year-old man dead and two others hurt in the Little Village neighborhood on the West Side.

Cesar Torres, 22, of the 3000 block of South Kenneth Avenue, was charged with one count of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder, police News Affairs said in a release Monday.

Torres is accused of fatally shooting Ricardo Herrera, 21, on June 15, 2013 in the 2500 block of South Ridge Avenue. Herrera was walking with two other males about 10:45 p.m. when Torres approached the trio and began shooting, the release said.

Herrera, of the 2400 block of South Marshall Boulevard, was pronounced dead at the scene, authorities said. Meanwhile, the other two were taken to Mount Sinai Medical Center with gunshot wounds, according to the release.

Torres was later identified as the gunman and arrested by police, the release said. He is due in bond court on Monday.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices