10 jalapenos, fresh
1 cup pepper jack cheese (shredded)
10 strips bacon (raw)
20 tooth picks
1. Cut approximately a 1/4 inch wide from just below the stem to just below the toe, divit out of the jalapeno and set aside.
2. Gently scoop out as much of the seeds and white membrane as possible and throw away. Be careful not to tear or break jalapeno.
3. Form enough jack cheese in your hand that looks like it will fill pepper and stuff pepper as much as possible (appprox. 3 tbs). Place divot back on pepper to cover cheese. Gently squeeze the pepper in your hand to compress and close hole as much as possible, be careful not to tear pepper.
4. Place bacon on cutting board, place the jalapeno on the bacon just above the toe where the divot begins. Wrap at an angle overlapping the bacon on each wrap making sure divot is covered as much as possible to just before the stem. Gently squeeze in your hand to help bacon stick. Secure each end of bacon with tooth pick. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cooking.
Note: wash your hands immediately after handling jalapenos!
1. Place cold jalapenos on medium heat oiled clean grill and close lid. Cook until bacon is slightly crisp and cheese begins to ooze out.
2. Carefully remove tooth picks. Serve with ranch, BBQ sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Skillet Oven Procedure
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place cold jalapenos in lightly oiled hot skillet over medium high heat. Lightly brown on all sides.
3. Place jalapenos in 400 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes to finish.