July is known as "National Grilling Month," and LongHorn Steakhouse Managing Partner Angelo Marino is here to celebrate with us! He is going to share with us some grilling tips and will demonstrate how to grill the perfect steak - as well as finish it with a Roasted Pineapple Compote. He's also making a Grilled Watermelon Wedge Salad.
Also … Through the end of July, LongHorn Steakhouse’s Grill Masters are answering grilling questions in real-time on Facebook, Twitter (@LongHornSteaks), Instagram (@LongHornSteaks) and ExpertGriller.com every Saturday from 2 to 7 p.m.
Grilled Watermelon Wedge Salad
Inspired by LongHorn Steakhouse
LongHorn Steakhouse’s Grilled Watermelon Wedge Salad – Flash-grilled fresh seedless watermelon brushed with honey and chilled. With romaine, kale, quinoa and goat cheese tossed in a lemon vinaigrette and finished with a balsamic drizzle.
Goat cheese crumbles
Lemon vinaigrette (recipe below)
Chopped romaine lettuce
• Start with fresh watermelon, cut into wedges. Make sure your grill grates are already rubbed down with canola oil so your food doesn't’t stick.
• Brush a light coat of honey on your watermelon slices.
• Place slices on the grill. Cook the slices for 10-15 seconds on one side, until grill marks appear. Only grill one side.
• Build salad base with fresh, hand-chopped kale and romaine. Add cooked quinoa and goat cheese crumbles.
• Mix with the Lemon Vinaigrette.
• Top with grilled watermelon and finish with a balsamic glaze drizzle.
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 small clove of minced garlic (roughly 1 teaspoon)
Salt to taste
Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Add salt and pepper; whisk together to combine.