NASCAR CEO to speak after Kyle Busch's death

Loading Video…

This browser does not support the Video element.

NASCAR CEO Steve O’Donnell will hold a press conference Friday afternoon following the shocking death of NASCAR driver Kyle Busch

The press conference is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET at the Charlotte Motor Speedway

A general view of an LED screen displaying a tribute to Kyle Busch prior to practice for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 22, 2026 in Concord, North Carolina. (Photo by David Je …

Kyle Busch dies

The backstory:

Busch died Thursday at age 41. No cause of death has been given, though his family said earlier he had been hospitalized with a "severe illness" three days before he was to compete in the Coca-Cola 600 Sunday at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

READ MORE: Kyle Busch passed out in racing simulator before going to hospital: report

Busch was testing in the Chevrolet racing simulator in Concord, North Carolina, on Wednesday when he became unresponsive and was taken to a hospital in Charlotte, several people familiar with the situation told The Associated Press. 

Loading Video…

This browser does not support the Video element.

NASCAR fans react after death of Kyle Busch

FOX 35 Orlando's Stephanie Buffamonte joins LiveNOW's Andy Mac after she spoke with NASCAR fans about the death of Kyle Busch.

Busch experienced shortness of breath, felt he was overheating and was coughing up blood the day before his death, according to a 911 call obtained by the AP. 

The Source: This article includes information from NASCAR, The Associated Press and previous FOX Local reporting.

NASCARU.S.News