Mesa business devastated following fire where smoke could be seen for miles

MESA, Ariz. (FOX 10) -- Wednesday night's fire in Mesa has destroyed a company, and it's a loss that is especially tough for a man with ties to the business for decades.

Smoke from the fire, which happened near Gilbert and Main, could be seen for miles, as fire crews tried to get the flames under control.

According to fire officials, the fire happened on the 2200 block of E. Main, and involved a showroom for flooring, window treatments, and upholstery. The building contained a significant mount of flammable materials, and the fire was well-advanced when firefighters arrived at the scene. Heavy fire conditions also spread rapidly to other parts of the building.