COWETA COUNTY, Ga. - A house fire in Coweta County claimed the life of an elderly grandmother early Friday morning.
The fire happened just before 3:30 a.m. at a home in the 2400 block of Highway 29 North in Newnan.
According to the Atlanta Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner's Office, Ellinor Modrak, 91, was killed in the blaze. Her blind grandson, 51-year-old Jeff Scott, escaped with minor injuries.
Just before 11 a.m. Friday, SKYFOX 5 flew over the home, which was completely destroyed in the blaze.
Officials said the fire started in the attic of the house and was caused by an "electrical malfunction."
The fire has been ruled accidental.