FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - Medical examiners say a Northern Arizona University football player died of an opioids overdose.
Authorities found Malik Noshi unresponsive in his Flagstaff home on July 7.
An autopsy report released Tuesday listed the cause of death as acute fentanyl intoxication and manner as accidental. It also said Noshi recently used cocaine and had been drinking alcohol.
Police in Flagstaff have been investigating Noshi's death. They have said there were no signs of foul play.
The 22-year-old Noshi from Las Vegas began as a redshirt for the Lumberjacks in 2015. Last year, he started nine games and earned an honorable mention from the Big Sky Conference.