CHANDLER, Ariz. (KSAZ) - UPDATE (August 9) - A lawyer representing the alleged victims in the Hamilton High School hazing incidents said notice of claim will be served this week.
A fourth family will file a notice of claim within the week against Chandler Unified School District as the fallout from the Hamilton High School football hazing scandal continues.
In May, three of the four families of the victims filed a notice of claim against the district.
A source close to Fox 10 Phoenix says two of the families are seeking $7 million in damages. One family is seeking $6 million in damages.
A fourth family will also be seeking at least $6 million in damages.
A notice of claim is required before filing a civil lawsuit against a public entity or employee under Arizona state law.
Last month, Chandler Police officials completed a submittal to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office, recommending charges against Steve Belles and Ken James. Athletic director Shawn Rustad could also be facing charges.
Three teenagers, including Nathaniel Thomas, 17, were arrested in late March for alleged kidnapping, aggravated assault and molestation.
This is an on-going investigation. Stay with Fox 10 Phoenix for all updates on the Hamilton High School hazing case. If you'd like to see previous articles, we have created a timeline for all of the events involving this case here.