Rodney Aviles case; AZ murders | Crime Files
Our top crime stories for the week of July 31: Relatives of Rodney Aviles say they're terrified he'll kill again; a man shot and killed at a Glendale park; a deadly police shooting in Mesa; 2 Mexican nationals in AZ accused of murder, asking victim's family for ransom; and a Phoenix teen's attack caught on camera.
A man's release from a halfway house has his family worried, a woman was found dead after she was last seen hiking, and many have the lottery on their minds. Here are the top stories that interested you the most from the last week.
Here are the top stories from FOX 10 from July 30 to Aug. 5.
1. Man buys cheapest livable home in Phoenix after bidding war
The cheapest home you can buy in Phoenix that is livable now has a new owner.
2. Missing woman last seen hiking in Deem Hills Recreation Area found dead: PD
Phoenix Police officials gave a sad update to the case of a woman who went missing while on hike in North Phoenix.
3. Want to live on a cruise ship? A 2-year trip around the world from Florida will cost you this much
A new cruise experience could be more affordable than the rent or mortgage you’re paying on land. It's called Victoria Cruises and it sets sail from Florida this year for a 2-year trip around the world.
4. Winning numbers drawn for $1.35 billion Mega Millions jackpot (8/4/2023)
The winning numbers were drawn for the $1.35 billion Mega Millions jackpot Friday, August 4.
5. Winning numbers drawn for $1.1B Mega Millions jackpot (8/1/2023)
Is today, August 1, the day? The nation awaits the lucky $1.1 billion Mega Millions jackpot winner as a drawing was held Tuesday night.
6. Relatives of Rodney Aviles say they are terrified he may kill again: Here's what to know about the case
Family members of a man who has been under state guardianship for decades following a double murder say they are in fear of their lives, amid news that the man is being released from a state mental facility. Here's what you should know about the case involving Rodney Aviles.
7. A $1M Mega Millions ticket has been sold in Arizona
The ticket was sold at a Circle K in Prescott near Willow Creek and College Heights roads.
8. Alicia Navarro: New details on where exactly she has been prior to being found safe
There are still questions over what happened to Alicia Navarro, an Arizona girl who went missing nearly four years ago. Glendale Police officials said Alicia was found in Montana, but provided few other details on her life in the years since she disappeared.
9. Reds minor league team pulls new t-shirt after fans say graphic draws close resemblance to racial slur
The Chattanooga Lookouts tried to make an update to its logo.
10. 2 hikers in critical condition after being rescued from Phoenix trails
Phoenix firefighters responded to two hiker rescues on Aug. 4.