Man stuck in chimney for two hours before he's rescued
PHOENIX - Phoenix Fire crews rescued a man who was stuck in the chimney of his home for more than two hours before first responders were called out to the scene on Saturday morning.
A spokesperson for Phoenix Fire says a 34-year-old man was locked out of his house near 42nd Avenue and Cactus at about 7 o'clock in the morning. The man decided to try and get into the house through his chimney, but then got trapped. The man was stuck in that confined space for two hours until a bystander called 911 for help.
When first responders arrived they give him water while technical rescue teams gave the man a rope to hold. Crews were then able to pull him out. He suffered minor injuries and abrasions and refused transport to the hospital.