(FOX 13) - The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) put out a warning Friday - turn off and stop charging all Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices immediately.
The warning comes after a massive, voluntary recall from Samsung after reports of the devices' lithium-ion batteries overheating, catching fire and sometime exploding. These incidents have happened while charging and during normal use, which has led us to call for consumers to power down their Note7s, CPSC said.
CPSC said it was working with Samsung to formally announce an official recall of the devices. CPSC is also looking into whether replacement Galaxy Note7s are safe.
CPSC said consumers should report product safety incidents involving lithium-ion batteries in smartphones at www.SaferProducts.gov.
A day before the CPSC released this warning, the FAA asked travelers to not turn on, charge or pack their Galaxy Note7 devices in checked baggage, citing the same concerns over overheating and exploding batteries.
And in St. Petersburg, a family's Jeep Grand Cherokee went up in flames when they say their Galaxy Note7, connected to a car charging device, caught fire and exploded.