PHOENIX (FOX 10) - For many people, getting in shape is their main 2019 resolution. According to U.S. News, however, 80% of resolutions fail by the second week of February. So how can people get more motivated?
Fitness expert Felicia Romero has five tips to keep your goals in the new year:
1. Setting small, achievable goals. "I'm all about number one, baby steps and small wins," said Romero.
2. Find someone to hold you accountable. "We're the first ones to let ourselves off the hook," she said.
3. Meal prep. Having healthy, premade food will prevent you from choosing faster and sometimes making not-so-healthy choices.
4. Set a goal, like signing up for a 5K run or a half-marathon.
5. Figure out why you want to achieve those goals. "It has to be more than just wanting to lose 5 pounds," explained Romero. "Do you want to have more energy for your kids? Do you want to live longer? Do you want to feel more confident in front of your spouse?"