GOODYEAR, Ariz. - Employees were safely evacuated early Wednesday morning following a fire at an Amazon facility in Goodyear.
The Goodyear Fire Department says the warehouse's sprinkler system helped extinguish the fire at the facility near Cotton Lane and Elwood. Crews from Goodyear, Avondale, Buckeye, Buckeye Valley, and the Phoenix Fire Department all responded to the scene.
"We can confirm that there was an on-site fire at our Goodyear Arizona fulfillment center early Wednesday morning. There is nothing more important than ensuring the safety of our employees and all were evacuated safely and securely. We thank our local fire department for their quick response."
It's unknown if any merchandise inside the facility was damaged in the fire.
In order to protect yourself from a possible infection, the CDC recommends:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
FULL COVERAGE: fox10phoenix.com/coronavirus
How it spreads, symptoms, prevention, treatment, FAQ
Arizona COVID-19 Response
Public resources, FAQ, webinars