PD: Baby OK after swallowing unknown pill at Phoenix hotel

A 1-year-old girl has recovered after swallowing a pill containing an unknown substance at a hotel near the Loop 202 and 44th Street, Phoenix fire crews said on April 25.

The baby's parents had tried to remove the pill from the child's mouth and called 911, officials said.

When first responders arrived at the Hampton Inn, the girl's heart had stopped and she was "suffering from an altered level of consciousness."

The baby was taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition.

Police said on Tuesday the child is OK and "no longer in need of medical care."

No arrests have been made at this time.

For the latest local news, download the FOX 10 News app.

Tune in to FOX 10 Phoenix for the latest news: