PHOENIX - A Valley school district is coming up with new ways to get students vaccinated.
The Phoenix Union High School District is holding several vaccination events on July 9 and July 10 for students ages 12 and up. They'll receive the Pfizer vaccine, along with a free backpack that's full of supplies while inventory lasts.
"All individuals 12 years of age and older are welcome to come and receive a free dose of the Pfizer vaccine. We ask anyone attending for their first dose to register by clicking here or calling (602) 764-1500," stated PXU officials.
Locations only open on Friday, July 9 from 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm:
- Garfield Elementary School - 811 N. 13th St, Phoenix, AZ 85006
- Herrera School for the Arts and Dual Language - 1350 S 11th St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Kings Ridge Preparatory Academy - 3650 S 64th Ln, Phoenix, AZ 85043
- Magnet Traditional School - 2602 N 23rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85009
- Wilson College Prep - 3005 E Fillmore St, Phoenix, AZ 85008
Locations open on Friday, July 9, 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm and Saturday, July 10, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Academies at South Mountain - 5401 S 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85040
- Alhambra High School - 3839 W Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85019
- Bernard Black Elementary School - 6550 S 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85041
- Betty H. Fairfax High School - 8225 S 59th Ave, Laveen, AZ 85339
- Camelback High School - 4612 N 28th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Carl Hayden Community High School - 3333 W Roosevelt St, Phoenix, AZ 85009
- Maryvale High School - 3415 N 59th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85033
- North High School - 1101 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85014
- Osborn Middle School - 1102 W Highland Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013
- Trevor G. Browne High School - 7402 W Catalina Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85033
Other services, such as childhood immunizations, mammograms, blood pressure screenings, glucose/diabetes screenings, and sports physicals are also being offered at an event that will take place on July 30 and July 31.
Tune in to FOX 10 Phoenix for the latest news:
Get breaking news alerts in the FOX 10 News app. It is FREE! Download for Apple iOS or Android.
Continuing coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic: